In this Section
Our staff training pathway enables staff to better respond to the emotional needs of pupils, early
identification and support at the right time in the right way is a protective factor for children and
young people’s mental health and emotional wellbeing.
Over time the Headstart services to schools has evolved to respond to current needs and demands;
previously we delivered the Pastoral Leadership Development Pathway, the modules included:
- Understanding causes of concerns for emotional health and wellbeing
- Dealing with extremely challenging behaviour in school
- Accredited CEOP training (digital resilience)
- Youth Mental Health First Aid
- Leading sustainable change
Many school staff across Middlesbrough schools have attended this training pathway and
disseminated the learning in their own settings for a sustainable and whole school approach.
Headstart’s CPD offer is currently being developed in conjunction with the University of Teesside.