South Tees Single Point of Access (SPOC) for mental health difficulties.
Tees Esk and Wear Valley NHS Trust are managing a single point of contact for children and young people’s mental health. The single point of contact (SPOC) launched on 30.09.20.
The purpose of the SPOC is to –
- Have a single point of contact for all referrals.
- Enable referees to access mental health expertise
- To facilitate the emotional containment of families/professionals
- Triage all referrals to ensure the appropriate response.
- Ensure all referrals for help are assessed through clinical decision making
- Provide advice and guidance for self help
- Signposting referrals to the most appropriate source of support
- Referral on to the most suitable organisation as appropriate (may be to VCS partners, HeadStart or Specialist NHS CAMHS amongst others) to prevent delay in accessing support
To contact the SPOC call 0300 013 2000 and select Option 2 if you live in Middlesbrough or Option 3 if you live in Redcar.
Alternatively, the SPOC can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: November 23